For more than two decades the Lucas Group's reputation has stood for unsurpassed customer service, specialised knowledge, total active involvement, integrity, innovation, ethical standards and a passion to enhance your business or your career.
The Lucas Group is Australia's leading Agribusiness Consulting and Recruitment Company.
- Broadacre AgronomistThis company has forged a highly regarded business providing farm inputs and technical advice servicing farmers and livestock producers of the Lake Cargelligo area. They are seeking an experienced Sales Agronomist to provide on farm agronomic advice in relation to broad-acre cropping, seed, pasture management and plant nutrition issues for their key client accounts. This position is primarily focused on providing a highly professional and comprehensive technical agronomic service building close business relationships through supporting key clients cropping programs. You will be directly involved in supporting key accounts to maintain relationships, but at the same time, optimise sales, improve profitability and manage key accounts for the business.
- Assistant Packing ManagerLocated in Southern NSW this company is a substantial grower and packer of quality citrus for both the domestic and export markets. They are currently seeking a person with experience in the operation and calibration of packing equipment to drive packing efficiencies and ensure the fruit packed meets quality and market requirements. Having experience with supervising a citrus or fruit packing operation, the successful candidate will be familiar with QA and HACCP systems and optimizing efficiencies of packing equipment. Strong interpersonal and time management skills are essential. Formal training in Management and Quality Assurance would be highly regarded, and experience within the citrus industry would be ideal.
- Grower GlasshouseThis specialist company has a solid reputation for its high quality produce. The company has invested in large-scale glasshouse production to optimise quality and yield and is seeking a Glasshouse Grower to join their team As a member of Senior Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for crop health and plant production to first grade specification. Key aspects of the role will encompass having an input into budget and forecasting, and motivating the growing team to achieve business goals and minimise operational risk. By supporting the Senior Growing team, the Glasshouse Grower will: • Review daily reports on pest and disease issues • Conduct regular plant quality checks and monitoring plant health • Identify pest and disease issues and developing appropriate strategies • Manage glasshouse climate computer to maximise production levels • Determine variety yield levels and weekly forecasting of production • Provide advice on energy and water usage requirements
- Technical Supervisor - Tree CropsOperating to “Industry Best Practice” this large-scale orchard has established trees coming into full production and is seeking a tree crop specialist to provide the technical support to the team in the field. The primary responsibility of the Technical Supervisor is overseeing the implementation of the Field Operations Plan. This will encompass preparing, costing and overseeing, the irrigation/fertigation and spray programs. Reporting to the Orchard Manager and working closely with the management team, the focus of this role will be to ensure all orchard policies, procedures, and environmental programs are performed cost effectively and to “Industry Best Practice” to maximise productivity.
- Technical Horticultural AgronomistThe company is a progressive large-scale grower, packer and wholesaler of potatoes, carrots, onions and pumpkins. The company has growing operations in the Mallee, Northern Adelaide Plains, Lower Lakes and the South East of South Australia producing over 50 000 tonnes of fresh produce annually for both for the domestic and export markets. Reporting to the Manager of Agronomy and Farm Co-ordination, the role is based in Parilla and will require some travel to various growing locations. • Identify and trial new varieties as part of the R&D program • Optimise the production of commercial horticultural crops • Improve quality and yield through seed production to a commercial outcome • Analyse and keep accurate records of R&D data • Work closely with the farm managers at the various growing locations
- Irrigation ManagerThis large-scale orchard has established trees coming into full production and is seeking a person experienced in irrigation management to optimise water applications and maximise orchard productivity. This will involve the implementation and scheduling of the orchard irrigation and fertigation programs accurately and on time. The Irrigation Manager will monitor and maintain the irrigation and fertigation system and infrastructure to ensure it operates to design specifications and utilise irrigation management systems (EnviroSCAN) to monitor soil moisture within required limits. Reporting to the Orchard Manager and working closely with the management team the challenge of the Irrigation Manager’s role will be to manage the orchard irrigation and fertigation systems to enable production uniformity across the orchard and minimising the impacts of irrigation variations. This will encompass preparing a costed plan to address any irrigation or fertigation issues and maintenance requirements to achieve maximum production objectives.
- More →